The Collector's Assistant Plus represents the next generation of the
Collector's Assistant product line. It provides substantially increased
functionality for collectors of all collectible categories as well as new add-on
modules for other home applications including home inventory, home maintenance,
financial assets, photography, DVD and CD collections, mailing lists and more.
Collector's Assistant Plus will automatically read in and convert data from
Collection Listing Grid
The listing of current items in a collection is now presented in a grid,
similar to that employed in a spreadsheet program. The grid may be displayed
with or without grid lines. Without grid lines it will appear similar to
listings in prior versions. Presentation within the grid allows:
- As many information fields as desired
- Horizontal and Vertical scrolling
- Font & color control
- Column width and placement by direct manipulation
- Sub-total rows
- Printing of selected grid areas
- Inclusion of column headings
- Simple alphabetic sorting by clicking on column heading
What-you-see-is-what you get Report Design
For reports other than simple listings we have redesigned the Report
Generator to allow for direct manipulation of reports. User, work with a
layout of the report and add information fields (with/without captions) as
well as pictures and other elements such as Date, Collection Name, etc). Once
added, report elements may be relocated by drag and drop. Individual elements
maintain their own font and color properties.
Reports of any size can be
created and a page display allows for an array of reports to be placed on a
page for printing special formats such as labels, flips, index cards, or
multi-line listings. For most collectibles, Carlisle provides predesigned
reports for 1, 2, 3, and 4 items per 8 1/2 by 11 page as well as 1 by
2.5" labels, flip inserts and index cards.
allows you to see how actual report images will appear.
- User customization (by direct manipulation) of 3 tabs containing
collectible information, buy/sell information and condition information
(formerly Item Detail, Condition and Buy/Sell tabs).
- Note support now allows attachment of rich text format (.rtf) documents.
- Pictures tab now provides 20 picture index (per lot) with simple graphic
- Action List tab - allows user to maintain and track a list of actions
- Additional, longer information fields available for all collectibles
- All fields are user customizable as to screen layout, captions, sizes
- Computed fields are available
- Linked choice list have been added to allow a second choice list to be
populated based on the selection in the first. For instance selection of
country can cause a second choice list to display types relevant only to
Enhanced Data Entry Screens
Standard data entry screens for all existing collectibles have been
enhanced to include additional information fields - covers US Coin &
Currency, Ancient Coins, World Coins.
User may now cut/copy/paste text from one information field to another
The user may copy selected portions of the collection listings in a
columnar format to the Windows clipboard for direct export to another
Import data from other sources through collection listing grid
The user may read columnar data into the collection listing grid and import
selected portions into existing collections.
- Immediate selection of all view (My Collections, User Defined Sets, and
Standard Databases from within the Collection Manager).
- Collector's Assistant may be started by directly clicking on a
collection file in which case it will start and open the selected
- Collection Name list is dynamically created each time the user starts
the Collector's Assistant allowing more user control of where actual
collection files are stored on the computer.
- User may resize the main Collector's Assistant window and it will be
- Sorting, filtering, and report format selection performed directly on
Collection Manager main screen
- Automatic addition of new entries to choice lists - any time the user
enters a new entry in a choice list, it will be automatically added
(unless the user specifies otherwise by preference
- Elimination of context switches - all functions are directly performed
from within the collection manager.
Printable Help Manual
The electronic User Manual has been completely rewritten in HTML Help which
allows user printing of the entire manual or selected portions.
Copyright 1994-2012 Carlisle Development Corporation. All Rights Reserved